Wednesday, October 1, 2008

72 Hour Kits

Dixie - This post is for you. I promised that I would send you the pictures. I'm a bit behind! About a month ago we made 72 hour kits with our Ward. They aren't huge but they do fit a lot of food in there. I was quite suprised. I think that they will work great and will be easy to throw into a backpack if you are in a hurry.


Some of the things that I put in there were small canned apple juice, oatmeal, canned chicken, Lipton cup of noodle, tuna pack, 1 can soup, applesauce cups, plastic spoons and knife, crackers, fruit snacks, and some candy.





All of that fit in these handy little bags that we got from the canning place. I think they were only about .13. My lovely model - Jayme. She is lovely, too bad I cut off her face!











Then you slide the end of the bag onto this little machine and it will seal it for you. They rented this from the cannery too. This was fairly inexpensive and so easy to do.




3 comments:

Dixie said...

Thanks for the update! I've missed you the last couple of months. Thanks for reminding me to back up my pic's. I think my computer is about to crash too. Love ya!

Jayme said...

who is that cute girl cut in half in the pink shirt? she looks hot! Blog is super cute! Love it!

Alison said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've wondered what you've been up to. Sounds like you've been having a great time! I love that you delivered phone books - that totally sounds like something I would do is get locked out of my car in the rain. :) And the scabies! Holy cow! I would be so mad. At least you got your house clean eh? I'm glad it turned out to be something simple after all. Landry is darling on her birthday (your cake looks fabulous by the way!!!) and on her first day of school. She is such a beautiful little girl. I remember your baby shower for her, where does time go? I'm glad she is loving school. And hello, you are like the best mom ever, she is definitely not going to need therapy! My kids on the other hand... :) I know they'll need some kind of help to recover from having me as their mother! I sure love ya! Glad your computer is fixed. Can't wait to see more posts from you again!