Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pumpkin Painting

This last weekend we went and picked out pumpkins. Landry has been waiting patiently for me to get with the program. Everyone around us has their porches decorated so cute and have lots of pumpkins. Last year we, well when I say we I actually mean me, carved a pumpkin. I thought it would be this fun little family activity - WRONG. Jeff didn't want to do it and Landry definitely didn't want anything to do with it. So there I was stuck cleaning and carving by myself. So this year I said forget it. Landry would much rather paint than touch the insides of the pumpkin. Painting was much easier and cleaner too. At first it wasn't going to be put outside - she loved it so much it stayed in her room. But now that we have our porch decorated she decided it would be alright to leave it outside.


1 comment:

Alison said...

Oh how fun. What a fantastic idea. I'll have to run that one past my kids. I would sure rather paint them than scoop out guck! Landry's turned out cute. And cute porch decorating Maegan!