Thursday, October 9, 2008

Alright

The other night I was in the office downloading my new Darius Rucker CD onto my MP3 player. (By the way - I LOVE this CD!) Landry came in and said 'Let's Dance'. So we turned it up and started dancing around. If anyone drove by my house and saw the shadows on the blinds they would have wondered what the heck we were doing! I'm sure we looked ridiculous but it was one of those moments that I'll always remember. She was so happy! One of the songs we were dancing to was Alright and it was so fitting for the moment that I got a bit of a lump in my throat. It's so easy to think of all the things I want or think I need but really I am very blessed and am so grateful for a beautiful daughter, a wonderful husband and great family and friends.

Part of the lyrics

As far as I can see
I've got everything I want...

It may be a simple life, but that's okay
If you ask me baby, I think I've got it made....

Forever in her eyes staring back at me
It's alright, alright
I've got all I need
And it's alright by me...

When I lay down at night I thank the Lord above
For giving me everything I ever could dream of....



After we were done dancing - It's a wonder the bed was still in one piece after she got done Dancing/Jumping on it!

3 comments:

David and Shayla said...

I love dancing with my girls. I'll have to check out that song. That was a great blog. We've got so much!

smithfamilymoments said...

Megan-Hey it is Magen Smith! It is so much fun to see what you and your fam. are up to. I stumbeld onto your blog from Jayme's. Landry is growing up so fast. She is a doll. I love those moments where everything just seems right with life. Have a great day!
Love-magen

Alison said...

Oh that seriously makes me cry! It really is the greatest blessing and all we need just to have these sweet little people in our lives! Good job for taking a hold of the moment and savoring it!