Thursday, October 9, 2008

Walk-A-Thon

Landry's school hosted a Walk-A-Thon to raise money for the PTA. I thought this was a great idea. Instead of having to do fund raisers all year and trying to sell stuff the kids got pledges for how many laps they walked. They wore these green badges around their necks that got marked after each lap. Landry and Nicholas started off together running - but as you can see Nicholas is a bit taller and has a slightly longer stride! They made it about 1 lap together before he ended up ahead of her. She ran 4 laps - about a 1/2 mile and then walked three more laps before it was time to go into class. I was proud of her for doing it. She ran/walked almost as much as the older kids. Way to go Sis!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Great job Landry! That's a lot farther than I could run!