Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shout out to my Ricks Roomies!

Yes - I am very much aware of how lame this post is and what a dork I am. But when we were in Rexburg to see the Temple I made Jeff drive by the old Colonial House apartments. I just wanted to get a picture. I'm pretty sure he called me a nerd. It's amazing how much Rexburg has changed since we were there. But the apartments looked the same and Craigos was still standing. If it wouldn't have been Sunday I would have stopped for some Bread Sticks! That was such a great time in my life and I am thankful to this day for having been blessed with such good roommates/friends. Michelle who showed me the ropes and took me under her wing my first year, Rach - the girl from Cali (who also happens to look just like Uma Thurman - Gorgeous!) and hated the cold!, Mind and Andi my Declo girls who always made me laugh, Mon and Big D - you crazy gals. Oh and Marty, can't forget about good old Marty. Thanks for all of the great memories - I love you guys!

5 comments:

Tollestrup Family said...

I love that! Way to bring me back to the good ole days! You guys introduced me to country music, a budget and life in Idaho! It was really fun - I feel so lucky to have had such amazing roomates to help me transition from California to Idaho and end up loving everything about it. :) Of course who could forget Marty!

Tollestrup Family said...

Thanks for the Uma Thurman compliment! I am totally flattered....Especially since you did see me at all hours at night and it was not always a pretty site!

Dixie said...

You are not lame. I do the same thing when I go there. I love to see everything, even though a lot has changed. Miss you!

Payne Family said...

AHHHH those were the days. What memories it brings back, the all nighters, and can't forget the pans of brownies that I am pretty sure I ate all by myself.

Balcena Family said...

No one ate the brownies alone...and I have pictures to prove it! And as for Craigo's breadsticks- well, just last week I attempted to duplicate them because I've been craving them. (Mine were not even close- good thing or...well you all know what would happen then). And like everyone else gotta love Marty! Tks for the walk down memory lane! I miss you all!