Thursday, January 1, 2009

Vegas

I took an unexpected trip to Las Vegas this month. My brother got married. I've been to Vegas two times before, once in the airport and once for a friends wedding. Both times were very short visits. This one wasn't much longer but I did get to see and do some really fun things. My two younger brothers, Ashley, and my parents were there. I was sad that Jeff and Landry weren't there with me but after seeing all of the ummmm, interesting signs and billboards I was glad Landry wasn't there. I didn't want to have to explain all that to her!
A few fun things we did were the roller coaster at New York New York - that was fabulous! It was so cold when we were there, right after they had their snow storm - go figure! So the roller coaster ride was quite chilly. I loved the water show in front of the Bellagio. The best though was the light show on Fremont street. The lights were amazing but I could have people watched all night! It was seriously so hysterical - people are just nuts. It's no wonder that the slogan for Vegas is "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!" We also went into the most seedy, crusty place I have ever been - seriously my shoes were sticking to the floor - to try deep fried Twinkies and deep fried Oreos. I had heard of them but never tried it and we were taking our lives into our own hands by eating them after they were cooked in that fine establishment! I wasn't a fan of the Twinkies but the Oreo was pretty darn good!
It was a quick unexpected trip but as always, so fun to spend time with my family. I am so happy for my brother and his new wife. She is great and I'm thrilled to have a new sister-in-law, a new niece, and two new nephews!

Deep Fried Oreos and Twinkies. It's a wonder none of us had a heart attack after eating these.


These are my brothers - This should help many of you now understand why I behave the way I do. I was raised with idiots - seriously! Oh who am I kidding, I'm an idiot too! It's no wonder we always have a great time together!



1 comment:

Balcena Family said...

Come down South the next time you want to try anything DEEP FRIED...and we'll throw in some bolled peanuts just for fun!