
This Christmas we had many different nights of cooking and creating. I love doing this stuff with Landry because she gets so excited. We did a Gingerbread Train this year. After the debacle of trying to get our house to stay put together last year I decided to whip out the handy glue gun to assist us. After all the pieces were glued together it made the project go much smoother! Landry had so much fun. It was a good thing it was glued together so it wouldn't collapse under the candy weight.
This year we took buckets of carmel corn and Rudolph cupcakes to the neighbors. Landry informed me that carmel corn was boring and that none of the kids would like it - thus the addition of the cupcakes! When I was popping the popcorn I realized that Landry had never seen me do that. Popcorn to her comes out of a bag from the microwave! She was so entertained by that. The cupcakes were fun to do to. I got the idea off of a cooking show and they did turn out really cute.

Of course there is always the delicious sugar cookies that must be made for Santa. Again, the more candy the better. I'm pretty sure at one point Landry was just picking up handfuls of M&M's and mini Kisses and dumping them on top of the cookies and then finishing them off with sprinkles! Santa LOVED them!
2 comments:
We did carmel corn right before Christmas, and my kids reacted the same way to the air popper...jeez...I didn't think I was THAT old!!
Wow! Must say I'm very impressed! Wish we lived closer so some of that domestication would rub off on me! Happy New year!
Post a Comment