Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas

I love Christmas - I always have. But since we've had Landry Christmas is so much better. It is so great to see how excited she gets and how her eyes light up when she talks about Santa coming. We were able to see both Grandparents before Christmas day. Landry loves this because this means that she gets to open presents early. We went to see Grandma and Grandpa Hunter first and then to Grandma and Grandpa Ralphs the next day. It was a wild ride on the way back, it was snowing and blowing like crazy. We were glad to get back home so Santa could come that night. As usual we all got spoiled. Landry got her Mrs. Goodbee talking dollhouse from Santa and her Princess table and chairs she has been asking for forever. She also got this giant doll from Jeff's aunt that is seriously taller than her and a Dora the Explorer headphones and radio from her cousins. One of the songs says to say hello in Spanish. So every couple of minutes on the way home we would hear 'Hola' coming from the backseat. It was cracking us up. On Christmas day we had some friends over for dinner. I was quite a Betty Crocker if I do say so myself. We had a Turkey and the whole spread. We also got to talk to my brother, Marshal who is on his mission in Ohio. It was so great to hear his voice. It was a great Christmas and I'm so grateful for a wonderful family to share it with.

1 comment:

Alison said...

What a great Christmas! Landry is one lucky little girl. I love all your baking, you were definitly one busy mom! You're amazing to do all you do. It was fun catching up on what you've been up to. Happy 2009!