Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The last few weeks....

The last couple of weeks have been, hmmm, shall we say different. I got myself involved in delivery phone books - WHAT? Yeah, that was pretty interesting. I figured as long as I was out walking I might as well make some money doing it. I only had one dog scare and saw some guy in his underwear. Word of advice - if you are going outside you should put on SOME clothes. Anyway, the worst was the day it was lightly raining and I locked my keys in the car along with the cell phone. It was early in the morning and I was not in a neighborhood where I knew anyone so I had to walk home about 2 miles and of course that was when it really started to rain. By the time I got home I was soaked. Other than that it was pretty painless, good exercise and easy money!

The worst part of the last two weeks would be me forgetting to pick Landry up at dance. Yep - Mother of the Year - right here! When I finally got there she was sitting patiently watching another dance class. As soon as she saw me she burst into tears and then of course I started bawling too. I felt so horrible, what a terrible thing to do. This will just be one more thing to add to her therapy sessions in adulthood!


The best part of the last couple of weeks was being able to go home for a visit. I always enjoy it when I get to spend some time with my family. Unfortunately Jeff had to stay in Logan to work but Landry and I went and we were able to go see my nephew Garrett play football, celebrate my brother McKay and sister-in-law Ashley's birthdays and watch the Cowboys lose to the Redskins - that part wasn't so much fun. Landry loves anytime that she gets to be spoiled by her grandparents and to play with her cousins. It was a great weekend.

Riding the lawn mower with Grandpa

Landry and Paityn doing what they love the most - Playing dress up.

No comments: