
Landry celebrated her 5th birthday August 18th. She was beyond excited because 5 means Kindergarten! We celebrated her birthday a couple of times. Her Grandma and Grandpa Hunter came the day before and she got to open their present a day early. Grandpa Hunter always has a trick up his sleeve and he had left her clues where to find it. She was a little disappointed when Jeff and I didn't do that for her too! Jeff and I celebrated with her on the actual day and then she had a party with her friends the following Saturday. She wanted a Barbie cake and although I'm no Betty Crocker I made her one. It turned out pretty good. Although now when I look at it the swirls look like the number six - oh well. Landry was quite pleased with it. She even got flowers and balloons delivered to her from a lady that I work with. Spoiled? - Absolutely!
She was determined to have a Giselle/Enchanted party with her friends and I wasn't sure what the heck I was going to do for the boys at a Princess Party. They played Pin the Crown on Giselle, had a water race, and broke the Giselle pinata. The girls got tierras and wands and the boys got crowns and swords. It turned out to be a successful party and the boys didn't seem to mind that it was a bit girly!
No comments:
Post a Comment