
Landry started Kindergarten this year and she was so excited. I wish I could say the same for Mom. The first day was a day of mixed emotions. I was excited for her but so sad to see my little

girl going into that big school. It made my heart ache watching her go. I swear that backpack is bigger than her. I was proud of myself for not crying until I got to the car. Then poor Jeff had to deal with me! Even though he wasn't a weeping idiot like his wife I think Dad was pretty sad to see her go too. I am thankful that she was excited to go and that she wasn't crying when we left her there - that would have been much worse. I am also so grateful that her friends Carson and Nicholas are in her class. I think it's hilarious that even in Kindergarten you learn that the opposite sex is 'gross'. She tells me that the girls don't play with the boys at recess but that she still loves Carson!

It has been really fun to watch her do her 'homework' - she just loves it. I hope we can keep that up for a couple of years. She is just starting to read and that is so great. She gets a new book every night and she thinks its pretty neat that she gets to read to Mom before bedtime now. One of her homework assignments was to separate different colors or shapes into a muffin tin. So we got out all the cereal and mixed it up and let her sort it. Once that was done what else could she do but pour a little milk on it and eat it? She thought that was so fun and couldn't understand why I didn't let her do that every morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment