Wednesday, February 27, 2008

r.a.d.Kids

Landry has been taking a safety class with her friend Carson, called r.a.d.Kids. They learn all sorts of safety techniques; kicking, hitting, eye peppering and elbow blows. There is also a lot of yelling NO. (we had to establish that this was used on strangers and not Mom!) They also teach them what to do if a stranger approaches them, if they are lost, review their phone number, address, how to call 911 and all that good stuff. On the last day they get to practice all their new moves on the 'Red Man'. It's a Police officer in a padded suit and the kids get to wear elbow and knee pads, a face mask and gloves. For being such a small thing she sure is feisty. I was so proud of her. At the end of the class they have a little graduation ceremony. It is a national safety class so if you ever get the chance to take your kids I would highly recommend it. Here are some pictures of the last day.



2 comments:

Alison said...

That is great! I've just started talking to my kids about strangers/kidnappers, etc, and they seem mind-boggled that people could actually want to be mean to them. It's such a scary world, great for them to be prepared! The other day Lexi said, "Will the otters get us?" (meaning robbers?) I love Landry's face as she does the karate kick!

Payne Family said...

Jeff better look out!! She is serious about it:) That is such a good idea to take your kids to a class. I am for sure doing that.
She is just so dang cute.