Tonight I had dinner with some friends of mine and we had a great time. As I was driving home I was thinking of the circumstances under which the three of us met and how it probably never would have happened otherwise. Then I started thinking of how lucky I have been in my life to have been blessed with many great friends. Even though over time some have moved away and I'm not in contact with them as much as I would like I will always be grateful for the roles they played in my life. From my High School girlfriends to college roommates - I love you guys. Dixie, you were an answer to several prayers and no matter where you are I will always consider you one of my dearest friends. Alison, Sheila, Cherene, and Emma I would have never survied that year in Idaho Falls without you - Thank You! Mandy, Tonya, Jayme, Kris, and Diane you guys are the greatest friends a person could ask for. You have seen me happy, sad, cranky, bawling, excited, and sometimes a little crazy and you are still around.I came across these two quotes and thought that they were great.
"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
"Friends are the Family one finds along the way."
I'm grateful for the wonderful friends I have, I know that I have been so blessed - Thank you for being my good friends. And thank you for letting me ramble on - this is what happens when you don't have a 4 year old in the backseat to keep your mind from wandering!
2 comments:
Maeg,
You were an answer to prayers too. I needed a friend after all I had just gone through. You took me in and made me feel happy again. We will always be BFF!
What a great post! I'm so glad you worked in the good ol' TSA with me, I have such fun memories of you! You are one of the most wonderful people I know and I'm so glad we're still in touch!!!
Post a Comment