Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Past, Present and Future...

This was a tag from another blog - Thanks Alison. This was really fun.

20 Years Ago..... 1988
My family was waiting for baby #5 to arrive in July. I was positive that Heavenly Father would not curse me with ANOTHER brother. Surely he wanted me to have a sister? My Mom wouldn’t find out what she was having but during the entire pregnancy she was positive it was a girl. I cried when my Dad called from hospital to tell us it was a boy. But now I can’t imagine our family without Marshal – I couldn’t have loved a sister more.
I was anxiously waiting to turn 12 so I could start going to Young Womens with all my friends. I had to sing with the Primary in Sacrament at Easter while all my friends sat in the audience…how embarrassing :o)
My favorite tape was Madonna - True Blue, which also happened to be my favorite song. I was also clueless (thank heaven) and had no idea what Papa Don’t Preach was all about but I sure loved to sing it!

10 Years Ago.....1998
I was anxiously waiting to get married in March. Our wedding/reception would be during March Madness. My new husband, brothers, the groomsmen, and quite honestly - some of my girlfriends were worried about the game they were missing and kept sending my little brother to find out the score! Was I a little annoyed, YES. Have I been forgiven yet, NO.
We had a great time getting together with our friends to watch the Jazz in the playoffs. Ughhh, I still can’t believe the Bulls won.
I learned how to tole paint with a friend. I loved it and still do whenever I get the chance.
Jeff and I decided last minute to use a 4 day weekend to go to Mount Rushmore. We knew that we would have to drive like crazy and would only have a few hours to actually see the monument. I was so excited because I had never been. We got there and it was raining and the higher we got the foggier it got. When we got there the entire face of the mountain was covered in fog. We drove all that way and saw NOTHING! I still haven't forgiven Mount Rushmore and have yet to return.

5 Years Ago.....2003
Jeff and I went to Hawaii over Thanksgiving (2002). On the first day there I had a Diet Coke and chocolate covered macadamia nuts for breakfast! We were on the Big Island for the first few days and then Oahu the rest of the time. The Polynesian Cultural Center and Temple were awesome and I loved visiting Pearl Harbor. I hope that we will make it back there again soon.
I was pregnant with Landry. August couldn’t get here fast enough. I had retained so much water I looked like the stay puff marshmallow. August 18th was one of the happiest days of my life. We welcomed our beautiful little girl into our family.

1 Year Ago..... 2007
We went to Plano, Texas for a family vacation to visit my Grandparents. It was Landry’s first plane ride – she loved it. We also took a road trip down to San Antonio. Jeff had never been there. We did the River Walk and of course the Alamo. I really wanted to take Landry to Sea World but it was raining like crazy.
I was driving our realtor/friend Kristine crazy because I couldn’t make a decision. Then I found THE house. We lost it to another bidder. I was so sad. However, that got the ball rolling and we now have the same house/floor plan in a different neighborhood.

6 months ago..... 2007
We moved into our new house…after being homeless for a week.
Landry turned 4 and got her first bike. She can't wait for the snow to melt so she can start riding again.
My Sister-in-Law and I started making and selling hair bows for little girls.

So far this year..... 2008
We have survived 5 xrays and 5 doctor appointments regarding a swallowed penny and the monitoring that came along with that swallowed penny.
Jeff was in a car accident. Fortunately he was fine but was stuck with a rental car for a month.
I started to BLOG!

My Goals for the coming year.....
To get our yard put in
To send Landry to Kidergarten without having a melt down :o(
To enjoy the summer more - more trips to Bear Lake, camping, and spending time outside
To keep track of all the funny things Landry does and says
To spend more time playing with my family

Now the tag is passed on to anyone who wants to join in. Hopefully all of you will so I can read it on your blogs!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I LOVED reading this post Maegan! I'm so glad you did it. You're just so all-around FUN!!! I think you are the greatest and I miss working with you! Jeff and Landry are so lucky to have you for their wife and mother.

I hope you have better luck with Mt. Rushmore next time! :)

And what's the news on that penny? Did it finally show itself?