
My sister-in-law Ashley and I started making bows for little girls about 6 months ago. We had a couple of open houses before Christmas to see how we would do. Both went really well and we were both suprised and relieved. This week we are entering our first craft show. So this last weekend was spent trying to get everything done. We are selling bows, flowers, korkers, hats - knit and baseball (they are the cutest things you have ever seen!) bow holders, headbands, bags, and vinyl signs. It was a lot of work. On Saturday I got up, showered, got into my grubby sweats, my USU Aggie t-shirt and let the hair air dry - which means very very fuzzy, big, and not pretty! I knew that I was going to be spending the entire day working on this stuff so I wasn't too worried about the fashion statement I was making. Later on in the day Landry asked if we would be going to the store and I told her that mom couldn't go out looking like the Wicked Witch with wild hair and sweat pants on. She gave me the once over and kindly said 'Well, I like your Aggie shirt.' I cracked up laughing. Kids are so honest. I sent all of our product with Ashley so I can't show you our fun stuff. Here is a picture of a few bows and flowers I have done for Landry, in the middle the pink one has ballet shoes on the ribbon and the green one has Hello Kitty - her favorite, she can't wait to wear it on St. Patricks Day.

Today was the first day that was nice enough to ride bikes. Landry was so excited. It was still a little chilly and there is still some snow but at least the driveway and sidewalks were clear. I figured that was as good a time as any to try and organize the garage - yes it still looks ridiculous even after living here for 8 months. Anyway, she was so happy to be outside and playing. We were out there for 2

hours. Our noses were pink and hands a little cold when we came in but it was worth it. I love March because it is the beginning of the end of Winter!
2 comments:
I love those bows! I really want to learn how to make them. Good luck in your craft fair! That would be so FUN! That is so funny that Landry found something positive to say, even though it was your Aggie shirt. That cracks me up! One night I washed off my makeup and put my hair in a ponytail and Kyler said, "You don't look like our mom." Gotta love their honesty! :)
So how did the craft fair go. I hope you are swimming in the cash!!Landry is priceless that is for sure.
Post a Comment