On Friday Landry and I went with my sister-in-law Ashley and my niece Paityn to Disney on Ice - Princesses. It was so much fun. The girls got to wear their princess costumes and they had a blast. It was so fun to watch them watch the show. They were so excited to see each princess and of course to see Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. When Cinderella came out in her coach Landry squealed so loud - I thought she was going to die from excitement. She was in HEAVEN! When it was over we walked over to the Gateway and took the girls to the
Build a Bear Workshop. It was a first for all of us. What a fun place! Landry picked a pink bear, even though mom tried to persuade her otherwise. For her outfit she picked the Sleeping Beauty costume and when she got to name her it was Princess, of course. After dinner it was off to the hotel for some swimming. It was a non-stop day and the girls (and moms) were exhausted. It didn't take long to fall asleep after hitting the pillow. We had such a fun time. It was nice to just have some playtime with Landry. No laundry, no grocery shopping, no cleaning, just having fun together. I love you Bug!

Then there was the craft show - our first attempt was a DISASTER! It was 3 full days and I'm pretty sure that we will be lucky to earn back the entrance fee of $75. Everything is paid through a central cash register and then the host sends you your portion - I can't wait to get our 50 cent check! This is set up so that you don't have to be at your booth all day long each day. Each person has to work a 2 hour shift and then you are in charge of making sure your booth is stocked - this was actually never a problem! This part worked out great because it ended up being the same weekend we had tickets to Disney on Ice. So Ashley worked her shift on Thursday night then we met up on Friday and then I drove from SLC to Pocatello on Saturday to work my 2 hour shift and to help take down our display. Landry lucked out, we met Jeff in Brigham City and he took her home and they had French Toast (YUCK!) and camped out. She really did think it was the best weekend ever. Anyway, it was a total blizzard by the time I reached Pocatello. People were sliding off the road right and left. I was so happy to finally get there and then almost had a heart attack when I walked in and there wasn't a single customer in sight. It was me, the lady in charge and two other vendors. During my shift ONE person came and she didn't buy a bow! So needless to say this was a learning experience for us. Hopefully we will have better luck next time!
1 comment:
Wow! What a fabulous time! Lexi would have been in heaven. I wish we lived somewhere where there were more fun things like that around. I'm so glad you were able to go! That will be something Landry will remember for a lifetime.
And your first craft fair experience made me laugh (not at you, just at the blizzard situation). I hope you have better luck next time! I really think it's great you're doing that. I was going to be in several craft fairs right as we got Kyler so I didn't end up doing them, but I think it would be so fun!
Post a Comment