Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

I love Easter. When I was little I loved wearing my new dress to church and as I've grown up it has become a time of gratitude for our Savior and remembering what a blessing the meaning of Easter is. The one thing that has always been a constant in my life at Easter time is the Ralphs Easter Picnic. We have had it every year, rain, snow, or shine on the Saturday before Easter. This year marked the 44th year. It started out with my Grandma and 4 of my older cousins and has grown every year since. With the entire family - the 6 kids, the grandchildren and great grandchildren there are more than a 150 of us. It is amazing to me every year how many of us make the trek home to Rockland to celebrate Easter. This year there were over 100 of us there. Even now after my Grandparents have passed I couldn't imagine Easter without our family picinic. My Grandma would always have a Golden Egg for the egg hunt and the treat that she would hand out to the grandkids were Peeps - she loved those things. We loved the malted eggs so that we could have lipstick! Now as a mother I look forward to taking Landry each year and watching her going on the Egg Hunt and having fun with her cousins. I'm sure on that day my Grandma had no idea the tradition she would start and how dear it would become to our hearts. My love for my Grandparents is beyond measure. I will always be grateful to them for teaching us the importance of family and for starting this wonderful tradition. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa - I love you and miss you!



Landry and Paityn after the Egg Hunt with their fancy new sunglasses!

The 6 kids (now the Grandma's and Grandpa's) and one of their grandkids had a footrace against the others. You will notice how badly my aunts cheated - neither one had their leg in the bag!

Landry and Jeff after the Egg Hunt

2 comments:

Dixie said...

That looks like so much fun! It's good to see pic's of Jeff on here. I don't think I would have recognized him if I passed him on the street! Happy Belated Easter!

Alison said...

I LOVE egg hunts! What a fun tradition for your family. Looks like Landry had fun! Cute glasses!