http://www.rideforthefallen.us/
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Ride for the Fallen
This last weekend I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Ride for the Fallen. It is a motorcycle ride and fund raiser in honor of LCpl Michael Allred who died while serving in Iraq. He is from Logan and is my good friend's nephew. The money raised goes toward scholarships in his name. There were close to 300 riders there and it was an amazing sight to see. I had the opportunity to work at the registration tent in the morning and the lunch that afternoon. I was very honored and proud to be a part of this event. I'm so thankful for this beautiful country that I live in and and very grateful to those who defend it every day. God bless our troops and their families.
http://www.rideforthefallen.us/

http://www.rideforthefallen.us/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
MAEGAN!!! I missed you! So fun to see all your posts and catch up on your summer. You've been busy! Kaui looks beautiful! I'm so impressed you were able to surprise Jeff. Maybe I need to try a little harder because I just always think I can't surprise Dave. I bet Jeff loved it! Great job! And what a fun trip. Landry is cute with her lemonade stand (what a nice bus-driver!) and on her last day of Kindergarten. You're quite the supermom to have 15 kids and give them all goldfish! I'm sure Landry will remember it forever. Bear Lake looks like a blast, it makes me ask myself again why we have never been there? It looks like lots of fun. Anyway, so glad to see all the fun you've been having. And last of all, for this long comment, love the cute photo of you and Landry at ride for the fallen. Cute mom and cute girl! Love ya!
Maegan, that is amazing. What a great thing to get involved in...I need to do better and volunteer for those kinds of things. Thanks for the reminder of what a great country we live in!
Finally an update or two or three! Wow! No wonder I couldn't get ahold of you this summer when I was there. I thought maybe you had moved or something! It's good to see that you are all doing well. Isn't sad our babies are so big? Would love to hear from you!
That face of hers is a blast from the past! She looks just like I remember you from kindergarten. so cute! It's fun to see what you've been up to - blogging is great! We loved Kaui too - isn't it beautiful?! It's been almost 6 yrs since we were there... I guess it's time to re-visit, right? ;) Let me know if you're ever in SLC - it would be fun to catch up! Trish
Post a Comment