I did something I swore that I would NEVER do. I bought Landry a character bedspread. I really hate those things - I think they are so ugly! But my little miss loves Ariel and I couldn't resist. The real reason I gave in was because it was only $20 and I knew I wouldn't feel bad getting rid of it a few months down the road! She was so surprised and LOVES it. She also got matching sheets for Christmas. What we won't do to make our little kiddies happy!
October was a bittersweet month for our family. My Grandpa McMillan passed away. It was unexpected and very heart wrenching. I'm so grateful for the time we were able to spend with him and my Grandma this past summer over the 4th of July. Those of you who know my family know that we are pretty light hearted and love a good laugh. We definitely got that from my Grandpa. I will miss him dearly but am grateful to know that I will be able to see him again someday.
October also brings Halloween! Landry was - you guessed it - Ariel. I felt that it was only appropriate that I be Ursula the sea witch! We tried really hard to talk Jeff into being King Triton but for some reason he wasn't thrilled with the idea of being a Merman? Hmmmm - I guess I should be grateful. Landry was super cute in her Little Mermaid costume and red hair! We had our neighborhood Halloween party again. It is always so fun to have everyone together - we have great neighbors!
November was the month of running around nonstop - but it was a GREAT month for the Ralphs family. Bubba came home from his mission. It was so great to see him and we are so happy that he is home. Landry did a paper chain for the last 67 days. It was really exciting to see that last chain come down. We really missed him and personally I am so glad that he is the last one! I said that in the car on the way home after we picked him up at the airport and then Jeff had to say - "The next one is Landry" WHAT! That makes my heart ache just thinking about it!
Of course who could forget Thanksgiving. Almost all of us were able to be at my parents house for the holiday. We were also able to go and visit Jeff's parents. Then that Saturday Landry had a dance recital, she was less than thrilled to have curlers in her hair for the drive home. The following Monday I took Landry to see the Nutcracker. We had a fun girls night out together. She was really excited but really tuckered out by the time the night was over. It was a super busy weekend to end a busy month but we survived. See I really do have a good excuse for not blogging!
December was a little more low key. I enjoyed being home on the weekends! Landry had to endure her H1N1 shot at school, the second one just a couple of days before Christmas. This year we did a gingerbread tree. Note to all mothers...if you want the quick and easy gingerbread project this is it! This was 10 times easier than the house and train, but honestly, not as cute. Then there is always the decorating of Santa's cookies. I'm really not sure how he eats those when they are so loaded down with candy, frosting and sprinkles! Christmas is always so much fun with family and friends. We had friends over on Christmas Eve for dinner and then spent Christmas day in my PJ's! Santa took good care of us this year. Landry got her scooter - she was thrilled. She also got a karaoke machine that she loves but there is a good chance her dad likes it more. I think in another life Jeff was a rock star.....
2009 has now come to a close and we are looking forward to 2010. We wish all of our friends and family a happy and healthy new year.
2 comments:
I would love love love to see a video of Jeff singing on the kareoke machine!
So fun to have another post from you Maegan! Looks like you've been busy and having lots of fun. I love the Ariel bed, what a good mom to break down and get one for her. :) And her red hair on Halloween is priceless, she is definitely an adorable little mermaid! So glad you had a good Christmas! Love ya!
Post a Comment