Sunday, June 1, 2008
Crash Eyewitness
This entry is more of a journal entry than anything, so please bear with me. On Friday I was on my way to lunch with my friends Kris and Diane. They were in a different car since I was heading home afterward. I was at the stop light on 6th East (heading South) when all of the sudden I see this Cadillac (heading East) decide to turn onto 6th East from 4th North. However, he either didn't see the truck coming (heading West on 4th North) through the intersection or he thought he could beat him. The next thing I know I hear brakes locking up and the guys in the truck plowed right into the passanger side of the Cadillac. I'm not sure if the guy in the truck was trying to avoid him but when he hit him they were heading straight at me. It was one of those things where I knew what was coming but I didn't have time to do anything. For whatever reason the guy in the Cadillac missed me and the truck stopped with about an inch between our bumpers. When they finally stopped the driver of the truck and I were staring right at each other. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for a minute! The guys in the truck were ok and so was the gentleman in the Cadilac, however I'm not sure about his wife they were trying to get her out when I was finally able to leave. I hope that she is alright. I'm so glad that Diane and Kris were there with me - it was nice to have friends there to keep me steady. I'm also very grateful that I wasn't hit and that no harm was done to the sexy Contour. As much as I really, really want a new car this wasn't the way I wanted to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment