Monday, January 14, 2008

Our little slot machine

This week I can say I have experienced something I never thought I would. Last Wed. when I picked Landry up from School she burst into tears as soon as I saw her. For the life of me I couldn't get out of her what was wrong. We played 20 questions - Did you get into trouble, was someone mean to you, were you mean to someone, did you have a fight with one of your friends - to no avail. Finally her reply was 'I just had a sad day.' However after some prodding from her dad the next day she admitted that she had found a penny on the floor at school during quiet time. It 'jumped into her mouth and fell down her throat.' So off to the doctor we went for xrays and sure enough there it was. Landry was quite amused to see the penny on the xray. Plus she got a scratch n' sniff sticker for being good. I think she was thinking 'whats the big deal?' Needless to say the weekend was spent at home 'monitoring' her activites. Which may I add; that right there proves a mothers love.


By Monday still no penny so back to the doctor again for another xray and more scratch n' sniff stickers. The penny was still there. More monitoring. While we were there her pediatrician suggested that we should just get her school shots. What the heck, let's make a day of it! So one xray and four shots later, two in each leg, our teary eyed little girl was finally able to go home.

A few hours later I got a phone call from Jeff - he had been in a car accident. Fortunately he was fine other than being thrown around a little and losing his hat. Thank heavens for seat belts. I'm sure that in the morning he will be feeling it more. He was heading home and was getting ready to turn and the lady behind him didn't see and rammed right into him. The Escape help up pretty good, we think there was some damage done to the frame, the bumper will need to be replaced and unless we want the exhaust coming in through the vents I'm pretty sure the tailpipe will need fixing since it is smashed shut. Fortunately everyone walked away without too much harm done other than to the vehicles.

So at the end of the day I am very grateful for a healthy daughter, monitoring or not, and for a husband who was kept safe when things could have been so much worse. I think it's things like this that help remind us how blessed we truly are.


We keep reminding Landry that it's only chocolate coins she can eat not the real thing and that her stomach is not a piggy bank! :o)

2 comments:

Alison said...

I am laughing about your cute little Landry! She is so darn cute. I'm glad she wasn't in any pain or anything from having swallowed metal. :) And I'm glad Jeff is okay. I'm so glad you posted again! Cute pictures of Landry. Lexi says she doesn't want to go to Kindergarten and after a little prodding we found out it was because she doesn't want to get shots before like Kyler did. I told her she still has to get shots but she can stay home from Kindergarten and stay with me. I think that changed her mind about Kindergarten. Anyway, have a great day!

Payne Family said...

Wow what a day!! Landry is so cute and I can tell she is full of it. Glad to hear things turned out ok. I love keeping up with you on your blog so keep on bloggin.
Love ya