Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our Week In Review

Well another week has come and gone and Honest Abe has yet to make an appearance. We went back for another xray on Monday and that darn thing is still in there - must be a hospitable environment! They are giving us one more week and if we haven't seen it by then we will have to discuss other options - so we are hoping and praying that we will be 1 cent richer by the end of the week!

Other than doctor visits, this week consisted of a couple of Aggie games, the Polar Plunge and MORE snow.

I went with afriend on Thursday and Saturday to the Aggie basketball games. Her husband is a Sports Writer and Jeff is always taking pictures for the magazine so she and I go and take our kids. Landry and Carson are best buds and they love it - plus the moms have a good time too. These games were really exciting as two records were broken - Winningest Coach (226 wins in 10 years) and all time leading scorer (2,127 points) It was fun to be there to see both records broken.


On Saturday, Jeff was very adventurous. He and 3 co-workers took on the Polar Plunge. Yes, it is exactly like it sounds. Mid January at Hyrum reservoir they break a hole in the ice and people jump in. Of course there has to be a reason behind this madness right? It is to raise money for the Special Olympics. The sky was clear and it was freezing cold. I was cold just watching, I couldn't imagine jumping in.

There are different categories; group, costume, and scantily clad. I have to say that the guy in the scantily clad division who wore the bright yellow G-String with the smiley face on it made me laugh right out loud. And poor Landry's eyes about popped out of her head! She thought that was 'disgusting.'


There were all sorts of costumes and people of all ages. I couldn't believe how many little kids did this. Jeff's group dressed up as Herald Journal carriers. They had matching ski hats and the orange and white newspaper carriers. Of course they had to ditch the bags just before jumping in. Way to go Babe - I'm so proud of you!

Last but not least, these are just a couple of pictures of Landry 'Painting' the snow. A little colored water (no yellow, much to her disappointment) and some spray bottles and there was an hour worth of entertainment. Thanks for the great idea Alison!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Poor little Landry with that coin still somewhere inside her! I hope it comes out without any drastic measures. And go Jeff! It's amazing that many people survive the Polar Plunge! And glad you liked the colored snow idea. Glad it kept her busy for an hour! :) Love your blog!

Alison said...

I also just wanted to say that is a darling picture of Landry and Carson. Wouldn't that be fun if they dated one day and you could show them that picture? So cute!