As most of you know I LOVE Easter. I look forward to the Ralphs family picnic each year. What I really love now is that Landry gets so excited to go. I remember as a kid how much I looked forward to playing with all of my cousins and the big Easter egg hunt and I'm so glad that she gets to be a part of that now.
There is the big family picnic and then my mom does her own little egg hunt for her grandkids. By the time both egg hunts were over and the Easter bunny had come Landry had beyond a ridiculous amount of candy. When we got home I made her go through it and throw out the stuff she didn't like. We still have a tupperware bowl full of candy. Thank heavens the Easter bunny brought her a new toothbrush too!
I have to share this story because one day Landry will get a kick out of it. I'm still laughing at my Dad. On Easter the bunny hides Landry's basket. This year he also left out some eggs for her to find. As she was gathering them up Grandpa said - 'It looks like your mom should have hid those eggs a little better' to which I replied 'Mom?' and then he makes it worse by saying 'Oh, did Jeff hide them?' then I said 'Or how about the EASTER BUNNY!' Ooops! Fortunately Landry was so focused on finding her basket she didn't pay any attention to what he was saying. We got a pretty good laugh out of it.
1 comment:
Love all your Easter pictures! Looks like Landry had fun! And Happy Anniversary to you and Jeff! Dinner and a movie with your sweet girl would be the best way to celebrate!
Post a Comment