Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Funny Girl

This is one of those posts that is for me so I won't forget this moment. I have to preface this story by saying that we watched the movie Groundhog Day on Groundhog Day. Jeff loves this movie, I tolerate it. We watch it almost every year on Groundhog Day. So this year he was excited because Landry actually liked the movie too - I'm afraid the tradition will remain. This brings me to my story. The other day Landry and I were in the car and we were trying to remember the name of another kid we had met. We kept saying all these names and just couldn't figure it out and then Landry says "Ned! Ned Ryerson! You may not remember me but I sure as heck fire remember you!" Then we both busted up laughing! I couldn't believe she remembered that line. If you haven't seen the movie you will not appreciate this as much as I did. When I told Jeff about it he was so proud! Isn't it amazing what kids remember?

2 comments:

Alison said...

I love it! Too funny! Isn't it amazing what kids remember. Sometimes it worries me a little as I wonder what my kids have quoted in front of others when I'm not around. Keeps us on our toes for sure huh! :) Cute story. I need to watch that movie again.

Cara said...

Hi Maegan! I finally checked out your blog, it's so cute. Hey how about we go visiting teaching Thursday or Friday? Landry's such a little cutie! That's smart she would remember that line!