Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

When I was little I loved making pictures and the small Dixie cup with dirt and a seed in it for Mother's Day. It was always so exciting to take it home from Primary to give to mom. Now as a Mom I look forward to those things from Landry. She was just so proud and excited to give me her gift. This year she made a card at school - she wrote on the front herself and on the inside was her handprint with this poem:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But everyday I'm growing...
I'll be grown someday
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away
So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small

I am so happy to be a Mom - it is so much better than I ever imagined. Landry can melt my heart with one look and make me laugh in an instant. I'm also grateful to have such a great Mom. I know that I am so lucky to have a Mom who is also my friend. We have the best times together and I'm so grateful for the relationship/friendship that we have. I know that I can always count on her and that she is always there for me. I love you Mom.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh that is so sweet! I love her handprint and that poem always makes me cry! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day!

Alison said...

Hi Maegan,
I remembered last night that awhile ago you asked for the recipe for the cinnamon rolls I made at Conference time. I'm sorry it's taken me so long! But better late than never, huh? Here's where I got the recipe:

http://southwickrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/03/sesquicentennial-cinnamon-rolls.html

This also seems like a great cinnamon roll recipe I want to try:

http://alittleofthisandsomeofthat.blogspot.com/2008/04/cinnamon-rolls.html

Happy baking!